For nearly two decades the Indiana High School Dance Team Association (IHSDTA) has been providing Indiana high school and junior high school students with uniform rules of competition which enables those students to:
- Compete anywhere in Indiana subject to familiar environments
- Insure quality and consistent adjudication throughout the state
- Encourage greater participation in dance team activities
- Participate in invitationals for evaluation of team, solo and ensemble performances
- Receive training and development of directors and students through workshops and clinics
- Attain a common understanding of the goals to be achieved as a result of participating in dance education
The IHSDTA is committed to its mission of supporting the development of a positive self worth in everyone involved in dance.
In addition, the IHSDTA scholarship program provides a state award to financially assist students in their education beyond high school.
The IHSDTA now organizes 14 consecutive weekends of competitions throughout our state each year. Our competitions average over 100 performances per weekend and our State Championships include more than 150 finalist performances and nearly 6,000 spectators. We hope that you will learn more about the IHSDTA and also consider becoming a member of our organization.